Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

Now is the time to plan out your New Years Resolutions... and then Stick To Them! You are worth it, so don't give up on yourself!
About 3 years ago I made a resolution to become a Healthy Weight for my body type, and I worked at it. I lost almost 100lbs (97lbs to be exact) over the next 2 years, and the last year I have been working at maintaining the healthy weight. I am worth it, so I am not going to give up on myself and let myself gain back any of the weight.
What I want you all to do is to make a resolution, and then stick to it! If you want to be the best that you can be, take it one step at a time and narrow your goals down into manageable steps.
For Example, For loosing weight I broke it up into many different steps that took years,
  • Find out what is my Ideal/Healthy body weight
  • Count Calories and Log Food
  • Lose 20lbs
  • Cut Out Soda
  • Get some Exercise Every Day
  • Work on Self Esteem
  • Cut Out Fast Food
  • Lose 20 more lbs
  • Eat More Nutritious Foods
  • Lose 20 more lbs
  • Be Adventurous and Try New Foods
  • Research More about healthy weight loss and keeping weight off
  • Lose 20 more lbs
  • Eat Less Candy/Sugar
  • etc.
These steps sometimes came easy, and other times I had to work really hard at them. But I didn't ever give up (even when I had slip-ups) because I knew I was worth it. I wanted to be healthier and happier, so I did what I could in order to make it a reality.
What I'm trying to say is, Set a Goal, then work on it until it becomes reality.

My Resolution this year is to let things go. I want to be able to stop holding onto things that hurt me and not let things ruin my mood as often.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment